March 4, 2015

A Hankering For . . . A Chippy Door


I have always loved the look of doors propped up against a wall as an accent piece - Don't you?

It's simple and pretty  - - what's not to like.

I have finally figured out the perfect place to use one in my house  - - now I just have to find one!

In the meantime, I'll drool over pretty photos of perfectly styled rooms that have used doors to perfection.

**Note:  Please make sure to use the source links provided if you'd like to Pin any of the following photos - - Thanks!**

FARMHOUSE 5540: Chippy Door and French Linens


Rustic & pretty, but the rusty chair is impractical, as it would snag clothing.  To preserve the authenticity of the vintage paint, the chair could be slipcovered to make it usable--if used indoors.  This seems to be a shabby chic outdoor vignette, in which case the chair will likely continue to rust.


screened-porch-027




Dining room. White, Grey, Black, Chippy, Shabby Chic, Whitewashed, Cottage, French Country, Rustic, Swedish decor Idea. ***Pinned by oldattic ***

chippy door, vintage suitcases, old books
Source

Cottage Fix - living room with chippy paint door and starry twinkle lights
Source


Yep! There is no doubt,  a chippy door is in my future.

Bye now,

Robin


15 comments:

  1. I have used old doors numerous times and they definitely helped to fill up some space. Can't wait to see where you put yours! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found a shop that sells all kids of chippy doors and now my wheels are turning figuring out where to put one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these Robin!!! I am on the lookout for more doors as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a Restore in your area.....sometimes they have them. It won't be cheap....but you might find one there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your inspiration ideas! Hope you find that perfect door - can't wait to see! xo K

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to live in an old turn of the century house that had a smallish door in the shop next to the garage. I brought it inside and decoupaged it. I sold it at a garage sale when we moved, and have regretted it ever since. Hope you find your door!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. loooove your pictures!!!!! angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robin, the door I used wasn't originally chippy so I sanded it down to get the look. I love the look of the heavily chippy doors you've found online though. Makes me want to distress mine even more. Good luck with your treasure hunt!
    xo Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love chippy doors, too! hope you find some soon, robin! thanks for sharing one of mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely inspiration photos! I love this look, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Robin,
    I have chippy doors all over my house and love them all. Love the character and history they bring. Hope you find a sweet door or two for your home too. You will love it.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have chippy doors all over my house and love them all. Love the character and history they bring. Hope you find a sweet door or two for your home too. You will love it.
    canvas floor
    floral pillow shams
    teacher supplies for classroom decor
    french pillows outdoor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for letting me express my feeling about your post.

    ReplyDelete

  14. Keep the hard work going and good luck.

    ReplyDelete

  15. I appreciate your information in this article.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!