November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Table

I have the honor of hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for my family again this year so this weekend I played around with my table settings until I came up with something I liked.

Using only items I already had, this is the look I will try to recreate come Turkey day.



Starting with a pretty lace table cloth, I layered on a handful of silver candlesticks. . . 



Added some of my favorite silver serving dishes . . . .




Last year my six year old nephew requested a cornucopia so I decided we should use it again.  

We actually have two; one for the adult table which I filled with leaves and tiny pumpkins and one for the kids table that we fill with kids snacks that they can munch on throughout the day.  

My nephew gets a kick out of it.




This cute basket will hold the rolls and makes me smile as it reminds we of a similar one we used for special meals while I was a kid.




Our everyday flatware and dinner plates look a little more fancy along side everything else on the table.




Crisp white napkins and a homemade napkin ring crafted from old spoons finish off the look.




I think I'm ready.
With this task complete I can now focus on the yummy stuff . . . like baking pie!



How about you?

Will you be hosting this year?

I hope you enjoy your time with friends and family.

Robin

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful table setting. I love the lace table cloth and the vintage silver on the table adds so much elegance to the table. I love it. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Your Thanksgiving table is great I love the centrepiece, we do not celebrate here in the UK, but I do love seeing the postings from the US. Enjoy and Happy ThanksgivingX

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Pretty Robin. I can't get over those napkin rings made from spoons. You need to share how you made those. Love them! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tablescape is gorgeous and those sweet little napkin holders made out of flatware are just right!! So pretty! I just love your blog and home!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Now I want to practice setting our table, too. Yours looks wonderful and very inviting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely and elegant, Robin...love your milk glass turkeys! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!