September 9, 2014

Small Changes

Good Morning All!

Yesterday two of my daughters had their first day of school... tomorrow my fourth grader will start along with her two first grade cousins.  I think it's going to be a little crazy around here in the mornings with five kids to get on a bus and one to drop off at preschool.  With bus times ranging from 6:50 a.m. to 9:03 a.m. I'll have to bring my "A" game on a daily basis.

It does feel good to be back on a schedule though.

Our days have been a little busy leading up to this week . . . trying to fit in all those last minute projects and outings before summer break ends.  Amid all the chaos I did find time to sneak in a few quick makeover projects.

Like this mirror I hung in the hallway outside my bedroom.



Found at the thrift store, it was a stained a dark color and obviously someones homemade woodworking project but I love the shape and the fact that the itself mirror is old.


A coat of creamy white paint and a heavy hand with the sanding block has it looking my more my style.


The only problem arose when it was time to hang it.

Couldn't figure out where to use it.

Tried spots all over the house before deciding on this location.


I think it will work perfectly here.
Plus it will help reflect some light in a somewhat shadowy hallway - a win - win!

bye now,

Robin

5 comments:

  1. Great find and I like how you changed the color. It looks like you found the perfect place for it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Robin...love how the paint brings out the detail...and you brought prettiness to an usually unnoticed area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Were trying to get back into the school routine here too. But I only have 2...and they go at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute mirror now that it's lightened up!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, looks perfect in that spot!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for stopping by!